The scheme has criteria to apply. Applicants must be based in the Republic of Ireland, must be in retail, must have 10 or more employees or the potential to create or sustain jobs. The company must be registered with the Companies Registration Office (CRO) in Ireland at the time the application is made. The business must also adhere to other criteria to be considered eligible. Please visit Enterprise Ireland’s official website for full details.
Within this round of funding the scheme has been changed somewhat. The points below highlight some of the main alterations in criteria, for full guidelines, click here.
- The minimum project expenditure is €20,000. Applications with expenditures below €20,000 will be considered ineligible.
- For first-time applicants, the grant is calculated at a maximum of 80% of eligible expenditure of up to €80,000. The maximum grant available is up to €64,000.
- For applicants who were awarded funding in the previous Online Retail scheme calls, the grant is calculated at a maximum of 50% of eligible expenditure of up to €80,000.
- The maximum grant available is up to €40,000.
- The companies may apply and be granted ORS funding more than twice and there is no 3-year rolling period limitation.
(Source: Enterprise Ireland)
Key dates to note:
- Call open: 5th May
- Call close: 1st June at 12 pm (noon)
- Final Claim date: 4th November 2022
Importantly, the retail business must also have an existing online presence such as a website or social media. As specialists in e-commerce functionality, we know what it takes to stand out in retail.
If you’re looking to get your website built, updated or maintained, or you need to get your social media business pages up and running fast, contact us today and we can help. General Enquiries – by using our contact form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.